The Heavy, Light, Aerial (HLA) Equipment Road Technician is responsible for the completion of the inspection, testing and diagnosing of electrical/hydraulic construction equipment for service or repair at our customers’ sites. This technician ensures that repairs produce consistent and reliable products. The Road Technician also completes all work orders and related paperwork with respect to the repair of construction and aerial equipment in order to preserve the integrity of the Rental Management computer system.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 2 years of Heavy Equipment service, repair or related experience.
• Valid G-Class Driver’s license with copy of recent abstract included (within last 3 months).
• Heavy equipment trades certification is an asset.
• Must possess a mechanical aptitude and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Diagnose and repair all construction and aerial equipment as it relates to various diesel, hydraulic and electrical equipment, including Skid Steers, Mini Excavators, Aerial Reach Equipment and tow-able equipment.
• Service and repair of construction heater equipment.
• Ensure all equipment is rental ready and meets set quality and safety standards.
Follow the appropriate checklists and procedures including reading and referring to owner’s manuals and schematics.
• Operate and test equipment (under actual operating conditions, where possible)
• Diagnose and provide guidance to Service Technicians on the appropriate service/repairs required
• Assist in making decisions related to equipment retirement
• Possess excellent product knowledge and can effectively transfer this knowledge to customers. This includes explaining features and benefits, safe operating techniques and promoting related accessories/products.
• Ensure every customer is treated in a fair and consistent manner, working to resolve issues as they arise.
• Follow all paperwork and computer procedures related to servicing of equipment.
• Maintain all inventory control documents to preserve the integrity of the Rental Management computer system.
• Adheres to all Company safety standards.
• Other duties as assigned.
If you are looking for a company culture where their walk lines up with their talk and you can grow both personally and professionally - then this company is for you.
Please race your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a couple of references - 1 previous supervisor and 1 former co-worker with email addresses and cell numbers. Or give Deb a call at 403-923-4116 for further information.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and only those qualified for the role will be contacted.
Search By Tags
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!