Our Equipment Rental client is currently looking for Heavy Equipment Service Technicians/Mechanics and Apprentices for their Mississauga, Hamilton, PIckering and Etobicoke locations. These roles will be in shop positions. Candidates who have 421A/310T/310S are encouraged to apply with schooling or not. Apprentices are also encouraged to apply. Candidates who just have hands on working knowledge throughout their work history - are also encouraged to apply.
The Heavy Equipment Repair Technician is responsible for the inspection, testing and diagnosing of electrical/hydraulic/diesel construction equipment for repair.
• • High School Diploma or equivalent.
• • Heavy equipment trades certification is an asset.
• • Minimum of 1 year of Heavy Equipment repair or related experience.
• • Valid G-Class Driver’s license with clean abstract (within last 3 months).
• • Must possess a mechanical aptitude and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• • Ensure repairs produce consistent and reliable products while ensuring quality and safety standards are met.
• • Diagnose and repair all construction and aerial equipment as it relates to various diesel, hydraulic and electrical equipment including: Skid Steers, Mini Excavators, Aerial Reach Equipment and tow-able equipment.
• • Follow the appropriate checklists and procedures including reading and referring to owner’s manuals and schematics.
• • Operate and test equipment and where possible, do so under actual operating conditions.
• • Diagnose and provide guidance to Service Technicians on the appropriate services or repairs required.
• • Assess and provide input related to equipment retirement.
• • Possess excellent product knowledge and effectively transfer this knowledge to customers. This includes explaining features and benefits, safe operating techniques, and promoting related accessories and products.
• • Ensure every customer is treated in a fair and consistent manner, working to resolve issues as they arise.
• • Complete all work orders and related paperwork with respect to the repair of construction and aerial equipment in order to preserve the integrity of the Rental Management computer system.
• • Maintain all inventory control documents.
• • Adheres to all Company safety standards.
• • Other duties as assigned
Our client is offering the following: competitive hourly rate, benefit package after 3 months of continuous employment, opportunity to participate in discount programs and company matched profit sharing plan after 1 year, 42.5 hours per week of employment, uniform and boot allowance, any training required and personal/professional growth.
Please race your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a couple of references - 1 previous supervisor and 1 former coworker with email addresses and cell numbers. Or give Deb a call at 403-923-4116 for further information.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and only those qualified will be contacted for these roles.